It’s an expensive proposition to be a supporter of healthy living these days. That’s because most of the times you will need to spend lots of money on gym membership fees, special diets, and even kitchen appliances.
But the truth is, you can get your money’s worth when you buy these things, with some offering you more benefits than others. That’s exactly what you get when you buy the Breville Juice Fountain Duo.
Why do we say so? Let’s take a look.
=====>>> In a hurry? If you’ve already made up your mind simply click here to check Amazon for the Breville Juice Fountain Duo TODAY.
If you’re still sceptical and need to know more, just use the table of content below to dive in!
Table of Contents
- 1 What Interesting About the Breville BJE820XL Juicer?
- 2 What Do Reviews of the Breville BJE820XL say?
- 3 How Does The Breville BJE820XL Compare?
- 4 Can I Find Refurbished Breville BJE820XL Juicers?
- 5 What’s The Best Price for the Breville BJE820XL and Where Can I Buy It?
- 6 Verdict: Is This Juicer For You?
What Interesting About the Breville BJE820XL Juicer?
Among many health-conscious fans, the Breville BJE820XL is often perceived as a monster of a juicer. That’s because the Breville BJE820XL juicer doesn’t just juice, it can also puree your ingredients so you can make smoothies.
Here are the key features that really make the BJE820XL stand out:
- It is quite big at 16.5 inches wide, 9 inches deep, and 17 inches tall. So you better make sure you have the countertop space to accommodate such a large foot print. On the other hand, it’s such a handsome appliance that you won’t mind leaving it on your countertop instead of constantly putting it back into storage.
- It’s made in Australia. That seems like a nice compromise between US manufacturing (where labor costs can add to the price tag) and the “made in China” stigma that signifies a lower quality build. It also comes with a standard 1-year warranty.
- It offers a huge pulp container that measures 3.2 quarts (3 liters). In the juicer industry, there’s probably no other juicer that offers the same size of container.
- The motor is a monster too. It has a 1200-watt motor, so that pretty much guarantees that you have the firepower available to handle even difficult fruits and vegetables without overstraining the juicer’s motor.
- That much available power is used in 5 available settings. Speed 1 offers 6500 rpm, then you get 8100, 9700, and 11300. The most powerful setting tops out at 13000 rpm.
- You can check out the settings on the LCD screen, where there’s a handy fruit selection guide so you can pick the right setting for different kinds of fruits and veggies.
- The stainless steel cutting disc is reinforced with titanium, so it’s both very sharp and very resistant to corrosion. It’s surrounded by a finely crafted micro mesh filter, so you can extract lots of juice and the vitamins and minerals that come with it. You also have a puree disc to go along with the Nutri Disc of the juicer. The puree disc is what you use to make your smoothies.
- The power and the super effective cutting disc can handle fruits even if you don’t cut them up first, and you won’t really have to since the feed chute is extra wide. The opening measures 3 inches wide, so just slowly put in the fruits and veggies whole if you want to. This can really cut down on the time and effort you need to prepare your juices.
- When you’re making your juice drink, the juice flows into a juice jug that measures 1.1 quarts (1 liter). The jug comes with a froth separator so when you pour out the juice from the jug, you don’t get the foam into your glass.
- There are also several safety measures in place. The unit won’t activate unless the safety locking arm is secured, and that means you have to clamp the juicer cover securely in place first. The unit also automatically shuts down when the motor stalls. That means you’ve put in too much produce, or you need to cut up the fruits and vegetables first.
Want to see all these features in action? Check out the quick video below!
What Do Reviews of the Breville BJE820XL say?
The reviews for the BJE820XL are generally favorable, to say the very least. The size of the unit is actually a space-saver, since a separate juicer and blender can occupy a lot more real estate on your countertop. With this, you free up some more space for your other appliances.
What people really appreciate is that it’s no trouble replacing the Nutri Disc for juicing with the puree disc. It’s super easy.
In fact, everything about the BJE820XL is easy. It’s easy to use, as you have a very handy guide that tells you the right setting to use for each fruit and vegetable you put in. That means you can maximize the juice yield for each fruit as soon as possible.
Cleaning it is easy too. All you need to do is to disassemble it, and that only takes a few minutes. Then you just put some of the parts on the top shelf of the dishwasher, while you wipe the motor base down. That’s it.
What’s more, the vaunted Breville durability is present in this model. You can expect it to work beautifully for many years to come, as many reviewers have already reported.
How Does The Breville BJE820XL Compare?
The BJE820XL is both a juicer and a smoothie maker, so automatically that puts it one up over many juicers in the market today.
Breville BJE820XL vs. BJE510XL
The BJE510XL share many similar features with the BJE820XL other than the fact that it’s solely used as a juice extractor. They both have the Nutri Disc, you get the same large pulp container and juice jug, they have the extra wide feed chute, they offer 5 settings, they have the LCD screen for you to monitor, and they have similar safety features in place. The only other difference is minor, as the BJE510XL’s top setting only offers 12500 rpm.
So essentially, if you remove the smoothie maker out of the BJE820XL, you end up with the BJE510XL. The BJE510XL is what you should get if for some reason you hate smoothies, if you already have a blender, or if you can’t afford to pay the extra $220 for the smoothie-making capability.
Breville BJE820XL vs. 800JEXL
The 800JEXL is another well-made juicer from Breville, and it’s a perennial bestseller. Here, the focus is on simplicity. So your options are limited to just the low setting for soft produce and the high setting for the harder fruits. At least with the high setting, you also get the 13000 rpm that’s available in the BJE820XL.
All the rest is the same: same pulp container and juice jug, same wide feed chute, same Nutri Disc, and same high build quality.
Can I Find Refurbished Breville BJE820XL Juicers?
With the rather hefty price tag for the BJE820XL, there are some who are looking for dependable refurbished models. You can get one from the official Breville website. Billed as the Juice Fountain Duo RM-BJE820XL (RM stands for remanufactured), it’s available for $280.
These models were returned by retailers for one reason or another. They may not have even been used previously. However, Breville takes these units and they go through a thorough remanufacturing process.
They’re fully cleaned, tested to make sure that any defective parts are replaced by original Breville parts, and inspected to make sure that the entire unit comes up to the high Breville standards. If they do pass the inspection, they get the “Certified Manufactured” logo.
Now you can also get these things from other ecommerce websites like Amazon, where Breville is the seller too. The price may be different or even lower, but there’s a catch. These refurbished models come with a satisfaction guarantee of 30 days, but only if you buy them directly from the Breville remanufactured website. If you buy them from anywhere else, then this warranty won’t apply.
What’s The Best Price for the Breville BJE820XL and Where Can I Buy It?
It’s always a good idea to just buy the BJE820XL from the official website, so you can be sure you get the right item and that the warranty is in place. However, the Breville website offers it for $400, and other sellers may offer it for less.
You may also get it from sites like Amazon, but even if you see a much lower price tag you still need to check a few things. Check how much you have to pay for shipping and handling. Check if the seller is reputable. And make sure that the 1-year warranty still applies.
Most importantly, If you want to buy the Juice Fountain Duo from Amazon.com at the full price, make sure you check their listing on any given day to get the best price.
Verdict: Is This Juicer For You?
If you’re really into healthy living and you don’t have a juicer and a blender, then this is a very logical purchase for you. You get 2 machines in one, which saves you a lot of countertop space. You may even save a few bucks if you add up the total cost of a juicer and a separate blender.
With the Breville BJE820XL dual disc juicer, you can finally get even more use from your “unjuiceable” fruits. You like bananas? You can’t make a juice out of it, but you sure can make a delicious smoothie.
What the Breville Juice Fountain Duo offers you is a chance to enjoy even more healthy goodness from a wider variety of fruits and veggies. You’ll be healthier overall—which is ultimately the point of getting a juicer, right?