Having a top-of-the-line gravity water filter, whether for home use or for on-the-go, gives peace of mind and confidence. The good news is, most filters on the market have the ability to produce thousands upon thousands of gallons of pure, healthy, and delicious-tasting water before needing to be replaced. But choosing the right water filter can be a challenge, especially when so many brands are highly sought after.
Finding the right water filter is important, and you need all of the information you can get. Today we will be providing all of the must-know information on the Propur water filters. We will be discussing Propur in detail, including the advantages and different types of filters that are available. We will also be comparing them to other top-of-the-line water filters to ensure you are able to make the choice that is right for you.
The Propur countertop filter provides portable, high-performance filtration, especially for the removal of lead. Compared to other countertop filter systems, it has a long filter life, a durable construction, and it’s lighter than some competitors by almost a pound, making it a great option for travel (or emergency).
Table of Contents
- 1 Bottom Line
- 2 What’s So Good About the Propur Water Filter >>
- 3 Pros/Cons
- 4 How Do You Use It?
- 5 What Do the Reviews Say?
- 6 How Does It Compare?
- 7 How Long Do Propur Filters Last?
- 8 Does Propur Remove Chlorine?
- 9 Verdict
What’s So Good About the Propur Water Filter >>
This small Michigan company was started in 2011 by innovator Steve Steinway. His vision was to transform water filter products using the latest state-of-the-art technology. The company has continued to expand from its humble beginnings and is now notably the “Most Tested” and “Most Trusted” brand. In fact, they are the only brand to be NSF certified. This simply means that the water filters have completed a thorough water test that certifies they are free of certain non-health-related contaminants such as chlorine and are free of poor tasting water.
The company goes above and beyond to provide their customers with easy-to-use water filters and top-of-the-line customer service. Every Propur filter is reusable and simple to clean with no priming required – which are major standout features from other filters on the market. There are several different sizes to choose from, all of which have the power to remove over 200 contaminants – another standout feature of the Propur model.
Let’s take a look at some of the major features you will find with Propur.
Standout Feature #1: Impressive Filtering
Perhaps the most impressive feature about Propur filters is the way they are able to filter through over 200+ contaminants. This is obviously a standout feature as it provides the user peace of mind, knowing they are consuming safe and healthy drinking water. The G2.0 Filters have the ability to eliminate almost all contaminants including:
- Organic Contaminants (Volatile and Semi-Volatile)
- Heavy Metals
- Inorganic Non-Metallic Contaminants (such as chlorine and fluoride)
- Radiological Contaminants
Speaking of lead (a big problem in some locations), Propur has been rated the number one filter for lead removal. This is because the Propur is designed to remove 100% of all lead – with no additional filter required (unlike some other models on the market). The Propur filter also has the ability to remove 99.99% of microplastics, far more than the competition. Even though microplastics have not been fully tested as to how they affect health, it’s always good to know that your drinking water doesn’t have any type of plastic involved.
The Propur also leaves a good amount of healthy minerals, only reducing around 81% of calcium and 2.5% of potassium. It does not remove any magnesium. This promotes healthier drinking water that is free of contaminants without slacking on vital minerals.
As an added bonus, every Propur filter will leave your water tasting fresh and pure. This is because the Propur filter has the ability to remove any bad odors and tastes that can be so common in water. Even filtered water can be left with an odd flavor, but not when you use a filter from Propur.
Last but not least, Propur is one of the only brands that have NSF certification. This means that the filter is able to filter out aesthetic contaminants. These are non-health-related contaminants including chlorine and particulates. This leaves the freshest, most delightful tasting water on the market.
Important Feature #2: Variety of Products and Sizes
Propur understands that one size does not fit all when it comes to water filtration. Some may prefer a larger model to keep in their home, in which case the Propur Big is the right choice. This is a stainless steel filter that is 21.5″ inches high and can hold 2.75 gallons at a time. It is the right size for a family of four and costs $279 plus free shipping.
Looking for a smaller water filtration system? Propur has you covered there, too. They understand that a variety of products is important. That is why they also have the following products:
- Propur Traveler – Designed for one person. Holds 1.75 gallons. Sells for $189 with free shipping.
- Propur Nomad – Designed for 2 to 4 people. Holds 2.75 gallons. Sells for $215 with free shipping.
- Propur Water Pitcher – Holds 1.55 liters. Sells for $69.95 with free shipping.
With such a wide variety of products to choose from, it’s easy to find exactly what you want. Aside from the pitcher, most of the products are designed using reliable and durable stainless steel. This keeps your product safe from breaks and cracks while also keeping water fresh and ice cold. They also come with the innovative ProOne G2.0 filters with the power to filter through all types of water contaminants for safe, delicious water every time.
Noteworthy Feature #3: Easy to Assemble and Clean
When purchasing a water filter, you want to make sure that you can put it together with ease. Well, almost all of the Propur systems can be put together in a matter of minutes. There are typically only a few pieces to snap together. Consider the Propur Big Filter System. It comes with 2 stainless steel chambers, a stainless steel lid, 2 ProOne G2.0 filters, a stainless steel spigot, and a non-slip pad. The average Joe will have no problem assembling these stainless steel and ProOne G2.0 filters together.
Another concern is priming – which can be a major hassle when it comes to a water filter. The good news is that the ProOne G2.0 does not need any priming before being used. Simply connect the ProOne G2.0 to the rest of the stainless steel equipment and your product will be able to start filtering right away.
Lastly, the Propur water filter is easy to maintain. It only needs occasional cleaning here and there which can be done by washing out or wiping down. You also won’t need to replace the filters but every 12 months (possibly sooner or later depending on how often it’s used).
There are many advantages to using the ProOne G2.0 filter. Here are the top 4:
- The Propur ProOne G2.0 filter removes 200+ contaminants including heavy metals, lead, and microplastics without the need for an additional filter. It leaves healthy minerals like magnesium and potassium to enhance the nutrient density of drinking water.
- The ProOne G2.0 filter can work with almost any water source, including tap water, lakes, streams, and ponds.
- The Water Filtration system is incredibly low maintenance, easy to set up, and portable for on-the-go filtration of all water needs.
- Stainless steel components, including a stainless steel spigot, ensures that the product is long-lasting, durable, and polished. The stainless steel components are backed by a lifetime warranty.
Of course, there are also some drawbacks to purchasing the Propur Water Filter system. Here are a few:
- The Propur filter tends to be slower than other filters on the market.
- There is a potential of rust developing on containers and lids.
- There have been reports of the stainless steel spigot leaking and needing to be replaced.
- Propur products with the ProOne G2.0 tend to be on the pricier side, although they always offer free shipping.
How Do You Use It?
All of the Propur filters are designed for simplicity of use. They are easily assembled by the average individual and do not require any type of professional assistance. For the most part, every Propur water filter system will come with a few parts that can easily be connected to each other. When the pieces are assembled, the user will simply add water to the top of the product and the water filter will slowly filter out impurities.
What Do the Reviews Say?
Across the board, reviewers have reviewed the Propur products and have given them stellar positive reviews. They claim that the Propur filter is reliable and offers them with the best tasting water they have ever had. It’s a trusted water filter that is easy to assemble and use. However, some have had some difficulty when it comes to switching out the ProOne G2.0 filter. Some struggle in saying that the filter was near impossible to remove, which didn’t add up to the ease of use promoted by Propur.
The good news is that many customers who have had complaints with their water Propur water system were able to get top-notch customer service from the company. A lot of the time, the company would offer free replacements for any Propur ProOne G2.0 that may be difficult or faulty.
So, for the most part, Propur water systems have had positive reviews. Some have dealt with rust on the containers and lids or leaking spigots. Again, these are simple fixes. A leaky spigot can be replaced by the company and rust can be washed away.
How Does It Compare?
Of course, there are a lot of water filtering products on the market. How can you be sure that the Propur is right for you? Here we are going to take a look at the Propur and see how it compares to other popular filters on the market including Berkey, Alexapure, and AquaCera.
Propur Water Filter vs Berkey
Berkey is an incredibly popular water filtration company, which is why it is so important to compare the two models before making a concrete decision. Some of the biggest points of comparison are:
- Berkey requires separate filters to remove fluoride. This only adds to the cost and time spent by the customer. Propur does not require an additional filter to remove fluoride.
- Berkey also requires priming before use. This is a major hassle that, again, wastes the customer’s time. The ProOne G2.0 filter does not require any type of priming. Simply place water into the product and it’s ready to go.
- The Berkey filter requires the user to fill water to the top of the chamber before it can achieve a maximum water flow rate. The Propur does not.
- Propur products always come with a steel water spigot. The Berkey is made using a plastic spigot.
- Berkey leads in comparison when it comes to the life of filters, though. Berkey filters can last anywhere from 3 to 5 years, while the Propur ProOne G2.0 will need replacement after a single year. The Berkey filters can also be cleaned and reused while the Propur ones cannot.
It’s a true tossup between these two products. On the one hand, they are both able to filter efficiently. However, the Berkey requires priming and an entirely separate filter for fluoride. But Berkey filters last much longer than Propur, which saves money and time in the long run.
Propur vs Alexapure
It is fairly challenging to spot the difference between Alexapure and Propur. They look almost identical and they utilize a lot of the same components. There are a few differences, though, including:
- The Alexapure uses a plastic spigot, while the Propur utilizes steel.
- Propur has the power to remove 100% of lead from water. The Alexapure can only remove 96.4% of lead from water.
- Alexapure is notably less expensive than Propur. However, it does not come with any type of warranty aside from a 45-day return policy (and it must be unopened). That’s a bit of a risk you don’t have to take with Propur, which offers a lifetime warranty on systems and a year for filters.
As you can see, there is not a major difference between the two products. It solely comes down to how effective the filters are at removing contaminants and how expensive the product is. In this comparison, we would suggest the Propur if you’re able to spend a little bit more for better efficiency at filtering.
Propur vs AquaCera
The AquaCera and Propur water systems are much alike, too. Both are designed using a ceramic-style filter that can reduce contaminant levels effectively. However, the Propur does have a major edge on reducing far more contaminants than the AquaCera. In fact, the AquaCera only reduces around 97% of fluoride which pales in comparison. They are similar in the way that an additional fluoride filter is not needed for either product, though.
As far as price is concerned, the AquaCera has an edge. It is around $100 cheaper than most Propur water systems, which means people can save money by purchasing this product instead. Of course, you won’t have the confidence in as many contaminants being removed, but the AquaCera does a good job of removing contaminants that most people are concerned about in their water, including lead and bacteria.
An AquaCera and Propur water filter lasts for around the same amount of time – 1 year. This means that Berkey is superior to both water filtration systems in terms of long-lasting filters. Remember – the Berkey offers 3 to 5 years of water filtration rather than 1, and the filters can be cleaned and scrubbed to extend the life.
How Long Do Propur Filters Last?
Propur recommends replacing the ProOne G2.0 filter at least every 12 months. Of course, it’s possible that the ProOne G2.0 filter will need to be replaced sooner or later than that. It simply depends on how often the user is filtering water with the ProOne G2.0.
Does Propur Remove Chlorine?
Yes, the Propur ProOne G2.0 filter removes chlorine.
If you want a filter that can offer you confidence and peace of mind, then the Propur might be the best option for you. The filter has the power to remove over 200 contaminants, including lead and microplastics. That’s something that a lot of other products on the market simply can’t do. With a lifetime warranty on the actual system and a year warranty for the filter, you can feel comfortable in your purchase. Of course, you will need to keep in mind that the filters only last a single year, and the Propur tends to be pricier than other filters on the market.
Finding the filter that is right for you is key to success. Find a product that has everything you need and want from a filtration system. Take into consideration how many contaminants are removed, how expensive the product is, and how often you will need to replace the filters.