Buying kitchenware appliance with a name like “Ninja Ultima Blender” will probably make you a bit wary. After all, not everything that’s named Ultimate is worthy of the title. Many such products end up being a huge disappointment because they didn’t meet our expectations especially when it comes to kitchen appliances.
But is the Ninja Ultima Blender a good buy? Many people have commented that it has exceeded their expectations but let’s take a closer look at this blender to find out the truth:
=====>>> In a hurry? Here’s the best deal we could find for a new Ninja Ultima.
Or feel free to use the table of contents below to quickly navigate through the article:
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Is This Ninja Blender Worth Considering?
- 2 How Many Ultima Blenders Does Ninja Make And What Are They?
- 3 How Does the Ninja Ultima BL810 Compare to the BL830?
- 4 How Does the Ninja Ultima Compare to a Vitamix Blender?
- 5 What Do Customers of the Ninja Ultima Kitchen System Say?
- 6 What’s The Best Price for the Ninja Ultima Blender?
- 7 Verdict: Is This Ninja Ultima Blender For You?
Why Is This Ninja Blender Worth Considering?
- Let’s start with the power. After all, this is a crucial consideration when you want to make smoothies quickly. If the power is inadequate, it’ll take a long time to make your smoothies and sometimes the power is even insufficient to break large ice cubes and hard ingredients.
But with the Ninja Ultima’s 1,500 watts of power from its 2.5HP motor, this is not going to be a problem for you.
- What really makes the Ninja Ultimate Blender stand out is that each variant comes with a unique blade configuration. Most blenders have blades at the bottom but with this one, you have separate sets of blades at the top and bottom. The blades at the top rotate at 5,000 rpm, while the blades at the bottom rotate at 24,000 rpm.
So what we have here is the Ninja combination of blades that really makes blending of ingredients fast and easy. This dual stage blending technology starts with the “total crushing” stage, when ice as well as whole fruits and veggies are broken down. That’s supplemented with the “high speed cyclonic” blades which can purée the ingredients until they’re smooth and creamy.
- Of course, you also have options as to just how much you want to crush your fruits and vegetables. You can choose between several power settings. The base model has 3 settings (low, medium, and high) as well as a dedicated pulse button. The other variants all offer 10 different settings in addition to the pulse setting.
- All the containers are BPA-free, so there’s no need to worry that your health drinks getting contaminated by anything that’s possibly unhealthy. Each model comes with a basic 72-ounce container, which should be enough to serve every member of your household. Other variants offer additional portable containers.
- The sizes and weight are still manageable. The base model measures only 8 by 11 by 18.5 inches (LWH). The others are a bit bigger, but not by much.
- All the parts are dishwasher safe, so cleaning it up is not going to be tedious or difficult.
- The warranty is good for 2 years.
- You get all these features, but the price is just a fraction of what other comparable blenders cost.
How Many Ultima Blenders Does Ninja Make And What Are They?
There are 5 Ultima Blenders all in all, starting with the basic Ninja Ultima Blender, the BL800 n. Then it’s followed by the Ninja Ultima Blender BL810, also known as the Ninja Ultima Blender Plus. The Ninja Ultima Bl810 comes with a couple of 16-ounce travel cups as well as 10 settings like all the other more advanced variants.
Next is the Ninja Ultima Kitchen System, the BL82o. Aside from the 10 settings and the 2 travel cups, you will also get a food processing bowl along with blade accessories.
The BL830 model is another Ninja Ultima Blender Plus. What’s different with the Ninja Ultima Blender BL830 from the other “Plus” model is that it offers 3 cups (instead of 2) with the special “slip and seal” lids for travel.
Finally, there’s the Ninja Blender Ultima BL830CB. The “CB” refers to the extra cookbook you’ll get. While the instruction manuals for all the variants come with recipes, the BL830CB includes a recipe book that’s more than 150 pages long. That saves you some time searching online for recipes, and it’s very handy in the kitchen.
How Does the Ninja Ultima BL810 Compare to the BL830?
The blender components are exactly the same, and the only thing that’s different is the bonus you get from the BL830. You can get an extra travel cup for just a few dollars more. Usually, the price difference between the two variants is just $5. Yet when you buy an extra travel container for your Ninja Ultima System, it will cost a lot more.
How Does the Ninja Ultima Compare to a Vitamix Blender?
It compares very well actually and that’s according to many consumers and industry experts. Ninja Ultima Vs Vitamix comparison tests show that the Vitamix is just a little bit easier to use, and a few notches quieter. Some also say that the Vitamix is a bit easier to disassemble. These blenders are also faster by a few seconds.
The results are almost the same for smoothies, but for milkshakes many say the Ninja provides better texture. With the Ninja Ultimate you get thick and creamy milkshakes.
Another thing to keep in mind is that the price of the Vitamix is more than double that of the Ninja Ultima. While the Vitamix does offer a longer warranty, in the Ninja Ultima Blender Vs Vitamix direct comparison the Ultima offers greater value for your money.
What Do Customers of the Ninja Ultima Kitchen System Say?
Starting with the Ninja Ultima Blender Plus, the Ninja Ultima Blender reviews are mostly positive. It’s not easy to understate the approval that this blender has generated, given that on Amazon it has an average rating of 4.7 from 450+ reviews. About 77% of the reviewers gave it full 5 stars, and only 5% think it deserves a 1-star rating.
Many buyers recognize the value of the dual cutting configuration, as the results speak for themselves. The smoothies are virtually perfect, and the same goes for other preparations like soups and dips.
The container options are also great for many households. You can make single servings for those who want a smoothie to go, and on lazy weekends when everyone’s at home you can use the 72-ounce container to make your smoothies and juice drinks for everyone.
It’s very easy to use, and you can experiment on which settings are best for the results you want.
There are those, however, who have mentioned in their Ninja Ultima Blender review that the Ultima configuration is just a bit too bulky for their taste. Others also said that disassembling the Ninja can be a hassle, as the lid can be very difficult to pry off. Some also say that because of the extra blade at the top, pouring the contents is a little challenging.
But these are pretty minor concerns compared the huge price advantage of the Ultima. So it boils down to one thing: the Ultima delivers great results. It offers much better results than other blenders in its price range, and at the same time it is almost as good as the blenders that cost more than double its price.
What’s The Best Price for the Ninja Ultima Blender?
The Ninja website doesn’t really sell their products directly although you can consult it to find retailers near you. Those are usually more expensive, as they have overhead expenses to cover.
The best option is to go online and look for bargain deals. On Amazon, you can find both the BL810 and the BL830 and usually get a very good deal. I’m not going to lay out the price here for a simply reason: prices on Amazon change almost every day!
What you could do is simply click here and check directly on Amazon on any given day.
Verdict: Is This Ninja Ultima Blender For You?
If you have the space for this blender and you don’t mind the noise then the Ninja Ultima may be a good choice for you.
Basically, what you have here is a blender that’s easy to use and allows you to make single servings as well as large batches of drinks. The power and the blade configuration ensure that this blender can handle all kinds of ingredients and even large ice cubes. Its variable settings will also allow you to customize the consistency of the drinks you prepare.
Of course it’s noisy and a bit bulky, and the warranty is not as extensive as the high end blenders in the market. But when you take the price into account, then the choice is clear. For those who don’t want to pay more than $500 for a blender, get the Ninja Ultima Blender and enjoy your health drinks without spending an arm and leg for it. The Ultima Blender will give you delicious shakes and smoothies that you can prepare for yourself or for a few people, and it won’t require much of an effort at all.
We think this blender is an investment that’s worth every dollar, and what’s really good is that you won’t spend as much as you would have with other models with similar features.